'For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
It's always ourself we find in the sea.'
~ E. E Cummings
There is something so soothing about being by the sea. The dragging inhale and rolling exhale of the waves, (and that suspended pause between the two), the blues and greys that colour the days, the unmistakeable mix of crashing waves and screeching seagulls which becomes the soundtrack to long walks, the heady lung-fulls of salty air...
I always feel completely relaxed after a stay by the sea - as if my worries have been sucked in and swept under a withdrawing wave, lost to the waters.
If you're looking for a relaxing retreat to start the new year, why not browse the selection of Beach Cottages Scotland and combine your 'me' time with some 'sea' time?
Coastal Cottages in Scotland
Scotland is the ideal place for a beach holiday with over 8,000 miles of coastline. The beaches in the Hebrides and Scottish Isles are some of the most spectacular in the country - idyllic stretches of white sand lapped by turquoise waters. Explore the Scottish coastline from rugged Argyll to the magnificent West Coast beaches, from the Northern tip to the picturesque Moray Firth and charming East Coast villages. Click here for more information on Scotland's beaches.
Rooms with a View
Whether you're looking for a cottage near the shore, somewhere with inspiring views or to spend time by the waterside, these holiday homes across Scotland all offer something special.
- Curlew Cottage, Burghead, Moray
- Springwell Holiday Cottages, near Fort William
- Ach na skia Croft, near Mallaig, West Highlands
- Traigh Holiday Cottage, near Mallaig, West Highlands
- Traigh Lodges, near Mallaig, West Highlands
- Lagnakeil Highland Cottages, near Oban
- Kinlochaich House, near Oban
- The Melfort Club, near Oban
- Orroland Holiday Cottages, near Kirkcudbright
- Orroland Lodge, near Kirkcudbright
- Lochend Chalets, near Callander
Start the new year with a relaxing retreat by the sea - embrace beach cottages with EmbraceScotland.